Dofus 2.29: overhaul trades
Published on : by Skarwild
Category : Article
On the occasion of the 2.29 update dofus to be held in June, crafts were modified to make them easier to learn and more useful. Here are a few lines full devblog monitoring summary for you to know everything:
- levels will have 200 levels
- xp revenue is proportional to the level of the object and not on the number of boxes
- all objects will be craftable
- more NPCs selling resources
- exp of an object when the object is maximum at a level close to your job
- several trades are grouped as examples by the forgers
- trades give more pods and the gain is proportional to the level of the trade
- if you already had a job you will gain a rune to achieve an equivalent level in the 2.29
- the interface to find a craftsman has been modified
- a character may exercise all trades
The trades have always held a very important place in DOFUS, almost all our articles must be manufactured by the players; craftsmen and collectors are essential and indispensable characters to play. However the system of trades has changed little over the years, we mainly added new professions and new recipes. It was time for us to take a step back and improve the system as a whole. To update 2.29 so we planned significant changes to the business, we are working on for several months now.
- Facilitate learning and the use of trades.
- Allow players to more effectively specialize their characters in the trades.
- Encourage players to try on a lot of trades.
- Unlock recipes for trades more often.
- Improve the progression of trades (more XP for hard goods to be manufactured).
- Group certain trades.
- Propose alternative ways to develop the harvesting business.
- Increase interaction between businesses.
- Give more space to artisans in the game.
All trades on a character
There will be no restriction on the number of jobs that a character may exercise. A character can combine all areas of the game.
When we designed the trades there are more than ten years, we have imposed significant restrictions on the number of jobs that could earn on a character (3 trades and specializations 3) we took this decision because we thought that this restriction would encourage cooperation between players that could not combine all trades. This restriction did not work, she was quickly and naturally bypassed by creating multiple accounts with different figures for trade or using multiple accounts. This restriction became unnecessary and too restrictive. We want players to if they wish to focus on a single character, and they can focus on doing business more efficiently.
The characters begin their adventure with all the trades of the game at level 1, there will be no need to find a specific NPC to learn a trade. We want jobs more accessible and that players can discover and exert much more intuitive and natural way.
Careers Smithmagic will no longer be considered specializations and can be practiced like any other job without prerequisites based on other trades.
We wish that more players can test the Smithmagic system and modify their objects. The Smithmagic changes the most advanced and difficult to apply will remain reserved for "experts" who know how the system works, but we want the simple practice of Smithmagic (slightly improve its objects) more accessible.
In order to present the system trades for new players, part of the tutorial and quests Incarnam will be dedicated to the use of crafts (collecting resources and making objects).
Careers tools will disappear 2.29, they are no longer needed. With the ability to exercise all trades on the same character, the tool changes risked becoming too frequent and binding. So you can practice a trade directly by clicking on a resource or workshop.
Weapons hunts will however always be fitted in combat for meat.
Merging professions and skills
Some trades will be consolidated into a single trade for:
- Increase the number of available revenue by business line (which will facilitate their progression).
- Increasing demand for relevant business objects (more outlets and opportunities for business).
- Simplifying access to professions (under various businesses to evolve in parallel).
- Making the most fun jobs (more opportunities and diversity activities and objects to manufacture).
- Propose alternatives progression for harvesting jobs (allowing harvest to progress trades via the manufacture of objects).
The trade group the Blacksmith following trades:
- Forger of swords
- Smith shovels
- Smith axes
- Smith hammers
- Smith daggers
The job of Sculptor group the following trades:
- Sculptor bows
- Sculptor sticks
- Sculptor rods
The Peasant business group the following trades:
The Fisherman business group the following trades:
The Hunter business group the following trades:
The job of Forgemage together the following trades:
- Forgemage swords
- Forgemage shovels
- Forgemage axes
- Forgemage hammers
- Forgemage daggers
The job of Sculptemage together the following trades:
- Sculptemage bows
- Sculptemage sticks
- Sculptemage rods
The shields Smith business will be renamed to the Shaper and will manufacture the following items:
Many skills will also be consolidated, for example the three skills "Sew a cape", "Sew a hat" and "Sew a bag" will be consolidated into a single jurisdiction "Sew". This group will manufacture different types of objects from a workshop without necessarily having to close the craft interface to open it again with another skill. This grouping will be applied to the majority of the skills of the game when it is relevant (some jurisdictions that use totally different workshops will separate).
Level of 200 trades and progression
The current trades progression system did not suit us for two main reasons:
- He does not value the production of useful and powerful items (the best way forward is often to find the 3 or 4 different recipes with the best profitability and a lowest possible level to achieve the maximum level business without recipe change).
- Obtaining new recipes is neither intuitive nor coherent: revenues are obtained depending on the number of different ingredients ("number of cases") and must reach level 100 to unlock all business receipts higher-level objects or equal to 120. A craftsman who has not reached the maximum level rarely feels useful.
So we have made the following changes:
- The business now has 200 levels (a level of trade by 100 2.28 200 equivalent to a level of 2.29 in business, trades will not require more experience to reach their maximum level).
- The recipes are unlocked when the level of the object corresponds to the level of art (a level of object 50 can be made from the level 50 in the corresponding business).
- The characters have 8 boxes in the craft interface from level 1. The number of different ingredients of a recipe is not necessarily dependent on his level.
- Experience gained in a trade no longer depends on the number of different ingredients but the level of the artifact.
- The recipes that are close to the level of the trade will bring a lot more experience and those that move away from the business level will yield less experience.
Our goal is to allow players to win business levels more often (there will be 200 job levels) and unlock new recipes regularly, ideally at each level gain. The levels of several hundred objects are changed (mostly down) to improve the distribution of objects according to their level.
We also want to provide a more fun way to advance its businesses and the new formula used to determine the trades experience gains in this direction, since the trades that can manufacture equipment, simply making an object his level to win 1 level business. You can for example reach the maximum level of Tailor in manufacturing only 200 objects, but for that you need at every level of business find an item from your current level of Carver.
Of course all variants are possible, and you can continue to progress in your profession by producing huge amounts of low-level objects, but this growth will be slower than at present, it will be advisable to look closer recipes Your current level business if you want to progress quickly.
All objects of the same level do not necessarily relate the same amounts of experience, now each object can potentially have a coefficient of experience of its own. The revenues of objects very easy to produce will have a lower coefficient of experience that revenues of difficult to manufacture objects (bread making level 200 will report less experience than making a level cap 200). The experience of each revenue gains will of course visible in the interface of revenues. For businesses that manufacture anything other than equipment (consumables crafts, DIY etc), the system will be the same (make level objects close to its level of business brings in more experience) but it will of course make more objects to progress.
This new mechanical progression values diversity artifacts and effectively combines with the recent Smithmagic runes generation system that also values diversity broken items.
For trades Smithmagic, progress will be somewhat faster but it will not be possible to modify objects whose level is higher than the corresponding business Smithmagic. The method of progression is also modified, as for the conventional manufacture of objects: the higher the level of the modified object is close to the level of trade, the more experience gains are important. Similarly, over the rune has a "weight" more it can bring significant experience when attempting to Smithmagic succeeds.
We want to bring more comfort to characters who do not wish to carry trades; So the characters gain an additional 5 pods per character level (995 pods more at 200).
The trades continue to make pods bonus but in a different way, the levels of all trades (which is subtracted 1 level because they start at 1) will be added and bonus pods will follow the following schedule:
|Pods / Level||
by the bearing
Brought total pods
ISAF will continue to make the same pods bonus.
Small example, if you have 6 100 trades at 2.28, you will have 6 trades 2.29 level 200, for a total bonus of 11343 pods made by the business.
With 17 trades in 200 trades will earn you 16,517 extra pods.
Improved harvesting trades
Resource gains will be less random and more linear increase in quantities harvested (no harvest bonus therefore at 200). Harvesting overall trades get the same amount of resources to the maximum level, but will get more resources during their growth phase.
The harvest time will be fixed at all levels of business and significantly reduces overall (3 seconds). Some resources may require up to 12 seconds to be harvested with a low-level job; we believe that using the speed of harvesting as a lever for growth is not a good approach because those starting a business are discovering too frustrating gaming experience.
Balancing global revenue
Several hundred recipes are changed in the 2.29 version, here some global changes we made:
- Resource processing steps to manufacture consumables are removed via the merger of certain trades. It will for example no longer necessary to manufacture preserved meat or fish then emptied for use in the manufacture of consumables.
- Consumables revenues were balanced within the same business: for example, there remained many imbalances in the revenue bakers, a minority of revenue dominated all others.
- Consumables revenues were balanced between the different professions: Boulanger revenues were generally much easier and profitable than other trades revenue producing consumables. Some recipes will be more difficult to produce but others easier. Our goal is to make all viable consumables revenue, regardless of the profession used.
- Almost all consumables revenue will use "crusaders" ingredients from other trades. This change will make the achievement of certain revenue more difficult but will value the interactions between the different professions and boost trade between players.
- Planks The proceeds will generally amended and replaced by composite boards made from several different woods.
- The manufacture of wood species will now be assigned to the Loggers.
- The combined ingredients (wood species, alloys, composite boards, complex meals etc.) will be used more often to replace the use of only harvestable ingredients.
Removing purchasable ingredients from NPCs
We removed the ingredients to purchase from NPCs. These ingredients will now get directly confronting monsters. The majority of these ingredients will be obtained through bags that contain several units in order to meet the high demand of certain ingredients that were available at will from NPCs.
We have made these changes because we believe that buying ingredients in Kamas with NPCs does not really have its place in the economic system of DOFUS (our economic system is not made to work with ingredients in quantities are infinite and whose prices are fixed) and because we prefer that players can get rich by getting themselves these ingredients and then selling them to other players. We started this process of withdrawal of purchasable ingredients to NPCs for several years and we decided to end this evolution with the 2.29 update.
All equipment manufactured by players
In DOFUS almost all objects are made by the players, this is one of the "pillars" of our historic Game Design of allowing players to choose the items they want to manufacture from resources rather than imposing already artifacts. This operation is one of the cornerstones of our economic system in which resources and artifacts can be freely exchanged and used in different recipes.
Over the years we have transformed objects obtained from monsters objects that could be manufactured by artisans. In Version 2.29, almost all objects that could still be obtained from monsters will be made exclusively by artisans.
The recipes for these objects that are unusually difficult to manufacture are simplified and access to all the trades on the same character will allow players to make their own first objects without difficulty.
Some low-level objects could previously be obtained from monsters to compensate for the relative difficulty to develop various businesses on the same character. With the many accessibility improvements and progress trades made in 2.29, we can finally do without obtaining objects directly on monsters and present early beginners the overall operation of the craft in DOFUS: the objects are made by the players!
We want to give a greater role to the craft and we want the economies of low-level objects is controlled and powered by the artisans of the game.
News harvestable resources
To provide a more consistent growth and increased diversity, several new harvestable resources are added.
- 6 fish
- 3 flowers
- 2 cereals
- 1 tree
- More than 60 new meat (almost all the monsters of the game can provide meat).
Resources with multiple skills
Some harvestable resources such as Lin or hemp can be harvested from several areas (Alchemist and Peasant), this operation disappears into the 2.29 version, and the Alchemists will have two new distinct harvestable resources (spread to other parts of the world).
This amendment is necessary to avoid proposing a contextual menu on each of these resources during collection (you can no longer use the provided tool to determine what trade the player wants to use). This change will allow us to remove these two particular cases of competition between two separate trades on a harvestable resource.
SEO Trades (be visible in the list of artisans) worked through the use of a specific rune for each trade. This operation was no longer adapted to the possibility of combining all trades on the same character.
SEO trades now work directly from the interface of business, selecting a check box. This SEO remains disabled between game sessions.
Many adjustments are made to the profession interface that will bring together all the business of the game. The recipes can now be sorted and filtered by levels rather than number of different ingredients (a notion that does not really matter in the new system).
The interface that will undergo the most changes is that of Smithmagic. We improved to display more information and improve ergonomics. We will provide more information on this subject shortly.
Transition to the new system
We know that some players have set up their businesses on different characters and we want to give them the opportunity to consolidate their business on one or more character if they wish. We developed a system to allow you to simply reallocate your trades:
- All characters possess trades will lose their jobs when deploying the 2.29 update. Do not panic.
- They recover a rune by business, which will contain the level of initial job one and multiplied by 2 (to get the job level by 2.29). For example, if you have a profession 2.28 Alchemist at level 90 you will get a rune in 2.29 Alchemist configured with a level 182.
- These runes are usable items and account related. They save the business and the associated level on any character of this account on the same server. These runes are related to account because we do not want players to exchange or sell their trades.
- The Success of trades already earned will not be deleted.
- For businesses consolidated into one new trade, players will have a rune by former profession (a Forger of swords and daggers recover two runes of new trade Blacksmith).
- When the rune is used, it assigns the job the amount of experience that matches the level recorded art on the rune. It will for example be possible to use one level Blacksmith rune X and a Blacksmith level rune Y on the same character to get a job with Smith cumulative experience levels of X and Y.
We do not plan to introduce new business Success in the 2.29 release. Existing Success will be kept.
We believe that the functioning and progress of some harvesting professions are at the origin of gameplay that can be sometimes too repetitive and not rich enough.
That is why we have introduced in this version some alternative methods (via the manufacture of objects) to advance the careers harvest potentially more playful and diversified manner. We do not want the introduction of new Success becomes too much incentive to practice a considerable number of activities that could not be sufficiently entertaining.
We have the long-term intention to add value to Success for players who invest in the business, this is a very important and central activity of the game we want to highlight. But we prefer to take the time to check that amendments to 2.29 in collecting enough trades enhance the gaming experience for us to add additional Success trades. If the changes in 2.29 do not seem sufficient, we will continue to iterate on the business system until we are satisfied with the overall experience offered during the progression of harvesting jobs.
Article : Dofus le film : Premier bilan
Article : Refonte osamodas
Article : Dofus 2.36 : refonte graphique
Article : Dofus 2.36 : Mise à jour de Cania
Article : Dofus mise à jour 2.37
comments powered by Disqus